3). What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Account. In order to use certain services that we offer via the Site (such as “view showreel” or subscribe to our newsletters), you may be required to subscribe or create an account (“Account”). If you subscribe or create an Account you will be required to provide us with certain information, such as your first name, last name, phone, company, title, country, user name, email address, as well as a password that you will use for your Account (“Account Information”). You may also choose to provide additional Personal Information as part of the subscription and the Account registration process and in connection with your ongoing use of your Account. We may send you a text message to your mobile phone or an e-mail to the e-mail address you submit to confirm your registration. If you choose not to subscribe or create an Account, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Site.
- ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you send us a “Contact Us” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, subject and message.
- Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement around the Site, and gather demographic information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Our Site may utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies in order for us to provide our Site and present you with information that is customized for you. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Site. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser. For further information about cookies, please see: www.allaboutcookies.org , and how to adjust your browser settings here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
4) Personal Information received from Third Parties. In certain circumstances, our commercial partners may provide your Personal Information (such as your name and email address) to us. Such commercial partners include MIP, MIPCOM, NAPTE, Prensario, EFM/Berlinale, Series Mania, ATF, and private screenings.
5) The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Site, then we may use such Personal Information in the following ways.
- We may keep you updated with information on news by email unless you would like to be removed from that list (in which case please let us know by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of any marketing email that you receive). This processing is necessary for us to pursue the legitimate interest we have in promoting our business.
- We may use your designated email address to respond to a “Contact Us” request or an email concerning our job positions and careers. This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests in improving our Site and providing a better service and source of information to visitors.
- We may use Personal Information collected by cookies when we want to market our products and services to Site visitors by other channels. For example, we place a pixel on our Site pages that allows Facebook to place cookies on web browsers. When a Site visitor who uses Facebook returns to Facebook, Facebook can identify them as part of a group of Site visitors and, on our behalf, they can serve them with marketing messages from us. This processing is necessary for us to pursue the legitimate interest we have in promoting our business. You can manage the use of these advertising cookies we implement by following the links below:
- We process information to understand how visitors use our Site and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity (for example, your IP address is used to approximate the country from which you access our Site, and we aggregate this information together so we know that, for example, that visitors to our Website come from a specific territory). This information is not used by us to develop a personal profile of you. This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests in improving our Site, and providing a better service and source of information to visitors.
6) Who else has access to your Personal Information?
- We do not ourselves host any of the services – all hosting is done by third party service providers that we engage. This means that data you provide us or that we collect from you (including any Personal Information) is hosted with such third party service providers on servers that they own or control. Regardless of where such third party service providers are located (and some are located in the US), their servers may be located anywhere in the world. Your data may even be replicated across multiple servers located in multiple countries.
- We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Site if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Keshet International, Keshet Media Group, other Keshet entities, our users, yourself or the public.
7) Use of Anonymous Information.
We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Site and enhance your experience with the Site. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification or singling out of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Site.
8) Opting Out of Email Marketing.
You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Site-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Site.
If you choose not to provide Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Site, but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
9) Links to and Interaction with Third Party Products.
10) Children’s Privacy.
The Site is not structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will make all reasonable efforts to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at email@example.com.
12) Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy.
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events, in which case you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Site of any changes in ownership or use of your information, as well as any choices you may have regarding that information.
14) International Transfers.
Information we hold may be stored on servers that may be located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). With certain parties, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
15) Our California Do Not Track Notice.
We do not track consumers over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals. We do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Site.
16) Deletion of Content from California Residents.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or Personal Information and you specify which content or Personal Information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.
17) GDPR rights in relation to Personal Information which we process relating to you.
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you. We aim to comply without undue delay in response to any requests by you:
- for a copy of data we are processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected;
- to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data;
- for a machine readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another provider if you prefer; and
- to make a complaint to a data protection regulator.
Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy may be updated from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new policy here and, where feasible, by letting you know by email. Your continued use of the Site after posting will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to any changes.
19) Your Comments.
Last updated: June 2018